New analysis from next-generation video platform Idomoo examines how shoppers want to obtain communications from manufacturers. Among the many high takeaways was the need for video, with 62 p.c of respondents saying they need extra video from manufacturers. Gen Z and excessive earners needed video much more (79 p.c and 78 p.c respectively) and had been extra more likely to need these movies to be customized, interactive and customizable.
Extra findings from the survey, performed by Arlington Analysis:
- 52 p.c of respondents identify e mail as their most popular communications channel. Nonetheless, that is pushed primarily by older shoppers and trending downward. Twice as many Gen Xers mentioned e mail was their favourite channel in comparison with Gen Z.
- Video shines in terms of speaking sophisticated data. Respondents had been 3.5x extra more likely to want video when a model wants to elucidate one thing advanced, similar to particulars of a brand new program or service they signed up for.
- In comparison with generic movies, customized movies make clients 4x extra more likely to keep clients. This desire remained true even for respondents who most popular textual content over generic video. This group ranked customized video as one of the best content material to make them really feel valued and more likely to advocate the model.
Rising demand for superior video tech amongst Gen Z and excessive earners
Maybe the research’s most stunning discovering is the similarity in preferences between two of the best worth shopper segments—Gen Z and excessive earners.
For instance, whereas most individuals who responded mentioned they needed customized video, zoomers and excessive earners needed it probably the most. In comparison with different demographics, they had been additionally extra more likely to need superior video performance like interactivity and person customization.
- Gen Z and excessive earners had been 40 p.c and 61 p.c (respectively) extra more likely to need customized video.
- Gen Z and excessive earners had been 59 p.c and 47 p.c (respectively) extra more likely to need video interactivity.
- Gen Z and excessive earners had been 69 p.c and 33 p.c (respectively) extra more likely to need movies they might customise.
However regardless of shopper curiosity, video, significantly superior video, is severely underused as a communications device. Almost 75 p.c of respondents say they not often or by no means obtain video from manufacturers.
“Corporations suppose they’re utilizing video to its full potential, however most aren’t utilizing it to speak with present clients, regardless of shopper demand for it,” mentioned Yotam Benami, Idomoo CMO, in a information launch. “That untapped demand—particularly for superior video performance amongst high-value demographics—is a chance for manufacturers to seize consideration and enhance their CX.”
This market research was commissioned by Idomoo and performed by Arlington Analysis in January 2022. The survey included 2,000 adults within the U.S. and U.Ok.