Simply occupied with July makes me wish to dance round in a sprinkler.
It’s that excellent time of yr the place the times are scorching sufficient to get pleasure from a run within the sprinkler or a dip within the pool however not so scorching we are able to’t stand the warmth.
July is the peak of barbeque season once we all see what number of issues we are able to “grill” or chill.
Now, I don’t know if it’s as a result of our Independence Day (July 4th) is widely known this month, or if that’s a contented accident, however right here within the U.S., July is all the time chock-full of picnics, backyard events, group cookouts, and fireworks. It’s all about meals, household, buddies, and enjoyable!
Did I point out that July is Nationwide Picnic Month and Nationwide Grilling Month?
So, mud off that convertible for Drive Your Corvette to Work Day (July 1st), make plans to repair up that canine home, as a result of it’s Canine Home Restore Month, polish up your greatest jokes for Worldwide Joke Day (July 1st), and prepare to speak about all the good issues to do together with your group this month!
July holidays — 2022
July publication concepts
Like I stated, “picnics, backyard events, group cookouts, and fireworks.”
This makes the month of July the proper time to make use of a piece of your publication to:
- Be a useful resource in your readers
- Be a part of your group
- Be relatable to your prospects
Be a useful resource in your readers
There’s lots happening this month however that doesn’t imply everybody is aware of every thing that’s happening. Use your publication to assist get the phrase out.
When you don’t know what you don’t know, contact your native Chamber of Commerce, City Corridor, or Volunteer Hearth Division to assemble any info that your group ought to learn about.
- Share a listing of occasions and hyperlink to any related occasion pages
- Write a weblog put up on one of many occasions and share an excerpt in your publication
- Present info or maps to one of the best locations to see the fireworks from
- If an occasion doesn’t have its personal occasion web page, embody the “the place, what, and when” in your publication, higher but…
- Create a touchdown web page with a listing of native occasions that features the main points for every and share the hyperlink in your publication
Be a part of your group
Whilst you can host an occasion in your area people, you don’t must be the host in an effort to be a part of what’s happening.
- If there are any native avenue festivals or group gross sales occurring, take part and promote the occasion, and your involvement, in your publication. Then maintain everybody as much as day through social media and SMS textual content messaging.
- Discuss to the coordinators of any current occasions and see if they will use some assist, then volunteer to assist out, ask your staff to affix in and share what you’re doing together with your readers.
- Getting concerned might be so simple as organizing a clean-up crew to assist restore your group after the fireworks or different native occasions. Ask your readers to affix within the effort and take into consideration providing free t-shirts to individuals — you’ll doubtless get extra volunteers and also you’ll get some promotional bling out within the wild as effectively.
- Host your personal mini-event in partnership with different native companies. Take into consideration having a sidewalk sale, problem your neighboring companies to a chili cookoff, or have a group scavenger hunt that requires individuals to search out issues in every taking part location. Then, announce the occasion in your publication and ship out reminders through e-mail and SMS/textual content messaging.
Be relatable to your prospects
Whereas July is about group gathering collectively you don’t must be within the thick of it to be a part of your group. As an alternative, construct relationships by occupied with the way you and your prospects can relate.
- Storytelling advertising and marketing is likely one of the strongest instruments there’s in relation to creating bonds between a enterprise and its prospects. To faucet into its energy, write a weblog put up telling one in every of your summer time tales and share a teaser in your publication that drives site visitors to the complete story in your web site.
- When you don’t know who to ask about what’s happening in your group, admit that in your publication, then begin a “native occasions” put up on social media and ask your readers to put up any native occasion info that they’ve — from neighborhood storage gross sales to farmers markets and Shakespeare within the Park performances.
- If all else fails, in honor of Worldwide Joke Day (July 1st), share your greatest — or worst — joke. Then problem your readers to give you a greater joke and bombard your social media web page with them. Or problem them to come back into your store and inform you a joke and if they will make you snigger give them a reduction or a freebie like a summer-themed promotional merchandise (assume floating key ring together with your brand on it).
No matter vacation you spotlight in your publication this month, whether or not you subject a problem, provide recommendation, or ask your readers to share, embody a branded hashtag and a customized hashtag — together with a corresponding put up on social media — so you’ll be able to simply discover and like what they put up!
July publication topic strains
- “Simply wing it” – Worldwide Rooster Wing Day (July 1st)
- “It’s a fowl, it’s a aircraft,” – Preheader: “It’s our…” World UFO Day (July 2nd). Nice for introducing a product.
- “You look maavalous! – Nationwide Praise Your Mirror Day (July third)
- “Curiouser and curiouser!” – Alice in Wonderland Day (July 4th) or every other Alice in Wonderland quote which may match your small business.
- “Let Freedom Ring!” – Independence Day (July 4th) Excellent for providing one thing without spending a dime or to assist your readers be freed from one thing.
- “You’re gonna wanna kiss us” – Worldwide Kissing Day (July sixth)
- “You don’t must get dolled up” – Doll Day (July seventh) It is a good one for inviting your readers to cease in to your administrative center (so long as formal apparel isn’t required).
- “We swear, it’s absolutely the fact” – Inform the Reality Day (July seventh) For sharing a narrative or being completely trustworthy together with your readers.
- “Properly, dip us in chocolate!” – World Chocolate Day (July seventh)
- “We’re not kitten round” – Nationwide Kitten Day (July tenth)
- “Okay, I’m a dork” – Nationwide Be a Dork Day (July fifteenth)
- “Fairly please, with cherries on prime?” – Nationwide Cherry Day (July sixteenth) This can be utilized when asking your readers to finish a survey or volunteer for a superb trigger.
- “Present us your ink!” – Nationwide Tattoo Day (July seventeenth) That is nice for beginning a marketing campaign on social media or giving reductions for excellent ink.
- “We’re listening” – World Listening Day (July 18th) Do that when asking for suggestions.
- “3.14159… Oh, simply are available for a slice!” – Pi Approximation Day (July twenty second) When you’ve got a bakery, cafe, or restaurant that serves pie, use this to entice your readers to come back in for a slice.
- “It’s okay, you’ll be able to wine about how tacky we’re.” – Nationwide Wine and Cheese Day (Jul twenty fifth) When you’re within the charcuterie enterprise, this can be a nice technique to share concepts and boards designed for picnics.
- “Pants want leashes too” – Take Your Pants for a Stroll Day (July twenty seventh) This could be a bit of area of interest for promoting belts and suspenders, however nonetheless.
- “Save for a wet day” – Rain Day (July twenty ninth) Whether or not you promote insurance coverage, financial savings bonds, or simply wish to provide a sale on umbrellas, this one’s for you.
- “🎵I would like my paperback, paperback” – Preaheader: “paperback e book” Paperback Ebook Day (July thirtieth) For sharing a love of paperback books, a listing of nice summer time reads, or having a e book drive.
- “It’s mutt-ing fancy” – Preheader: “However we’d such as you to come back” Nationwide Mutt Day (July thirty first) For inviting readers to any variety of dog-themed occasions, like a dogwash fundraiser, a mutt-adoption particular on the shelter, or a mutt-inspired pet parade.
For extra July holidays and concepts on what you are able to do to share them together with your prospects, obtain the graphic beneath. Or, plan out the remainder of your yr with our On-line Advertising and marketing Calendar, full with a free template and a listing of holidays you should utilize to plan a profitable yr.